Querying the GNUTLS session from libsoup

Hi there,

I've recently started hacking on a project which uses libsoup. I
want to do more than the ssl-ca-file & ssl-strict do regarding
accepting secure connections. To be more specific, I want to allow
an SSL whitelist, based on hostname and fingerprint.

To do this I need to find the certificate's fingerprint. This is
reasonably simple from GNUTLS, using gnutls_certificate_get_peers,
gnutls_x509_crt_init and gnutls_x509_crt_get_fingerprint. However,
this requires that I have access to the gnutls_session pointer,
which libsoup currently keeps as a private part of SoupSession.

I started trying to hack around the issue, but things started to get
black magic-y, so I thought I should ask here. Am I going about this
the right way? Is there a simple way of getting the gnutls session
pointer? Is there another way to get at the certificate information
from libsoup?

Many thanks in advance for any tips / pointers.

Nick