Re: Disconnecting clients from SoupServer

On 09/21/2010 09:05 AM, Rune Saetre wrote:
> But can you verify that calling soup_socket_disconnect() from the right
> place should work well for disconnecting non-responsive clients?

It's *supposed to*. I don't know that anyone is actually doing that, so
it's possible that maybe it doesn't work...

> And will everything be disconnected and cleaned up after
> soup_socket_disconnect() has returned? Or will this emit signals that
> are handled later?

It could probably go either way. Cancellation in libsoup is
unfortunately a little messy like that.

> Is it safe to call soup_socket_disconnect() from glib signal handlers,
> e.g. from the SoupMessage::wrote-body-data or SoupSocket::writable
> signals? Do I risk infinite loops or other ugly things by doing that?

Hm... it's probably safe to do it from a SoupMessage handler, yes.

-- Dan