Re: libsoup on MS Windows problems

Tor Lillqvist wrote:
c:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: can
not find -lxml2

Well, this at least is a very clear error message Ther is no doubt
what it means. Is there a libxml2.a or libxml2.dll.a in any of the
directories you pass as -L options?

I haven't been able to find any pre-build package/devel-pagkage for libsoup
for windows.

For instance here in the openSUSE Build Service:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/windows:/mingw:/win32/openSUSE_11.0/noarch/

and here on ftp.gnome.org:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/libsoup/2.26/

Those are just what I know of.

The former is cross-compiled from Linux, and in the form of RPM
packages where the actual Windows bits are then in a specific subtree.
You will have to unpack the RPMs using your favourite method, and then
copy the relevant Windows pieces to the Windows machine. The latter is
built by me, but might be a bit outdated, and I don't know how well it
actually works, and it hasn't been that much tested, at least by me...

In both cases you will have to get dependencies, too, obviously. For
the Build Service bits they are all in that same directory, for the
ftp.gnome.org bits you have to apply some educated guesswork.

--tml

I'll have a look at the building of the newest libsoup again later. I'll try to find the cause, when I get some time again. For now I'll use the binary from http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/libsoup/2.26/ that you have built. It works fine for my purpose and with the dependency packages I've built my self. So at the moment it seems to indicate that I'll most likely have to find the build problems in how I build libsoup and probably not in the building of the packages it depends on.

Thanks for all your help!

Best regards
Egon Andersen