Re: Waking the dead: LibSoup and NSS

On 08/06/2010 06:17 AM, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 05 August 2010 Dan Winship wrote:
>> [...]
>> It ought to build, but libsoup has no support for client-side
>> certificates at all, so it won't do anything different from 2.10 or 2.8.
>
> On a second thought: Should libsoup even bother about client side SSL
> certificates? To me, it seems more like a thing to be handled by the SSL layer
> itself (i.e. the GnuTLS lib). Having to care for SSL certificates within
> libsoup looks like a layer breach to me, but my knowledge about the details in
> this case is limited.

Something needs to tell gnutls that you want it to use the certificate.
If the user has more than one certificate, something needs to ask the
user which one to use.

It's not really that libsoup needs to be involved so much as the
application needs to be involved, and libsoup sits between the
application and gnutls, and so needs to be part of the conversation.

-- Dan