Re: Transcoding issue

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>   The best solution for me would of course be for libsoup to allow me
> to use ContentLength encoding without having to set ContentLength. Is
> this already possible?

No, and it doesn't make sense; "Content-Length encoding" is defined by
the fact that you're sending a Content-Length header. Fortunately, there
is an HTTP/1.0-compliant way of streaming an unknown amount of data:
don't send Content-Length or Transfer-Encoding, and then just close the
connection when you're done. This didn't work correctly until recently,
but in 2.26.0, you can do:

	soup_message_headers_set_encoding (msg->response_headers,
					   SOUP_ENCODING_EOF);

and then just stream as with chunked encoding. See tests/streaming-test.c.

-- Dan