Re: High CPU usage under MS Windows

> While digging through the glib/libsoup source code, I saw that windows
> is clearly a targeted OS.

That doesn't mean glib or libsoup woulöd work as well on Windows as
they do on typical POSIX systems, though.

> It's seems weird that such a basic scenario
> could pose problem. Something must wrong in my application code but
> what?

Try running with the G_IO_WIN32_DEBUG environment variable set? That
will give you some more debugging output related to GIOChannels.

Instead of a textual descriptions of what your app does, please
provide a *minimal* (single C source file) and *complete* (has no
dependencies except (obviously) libsoup and glib), and can be compiled
and linked into an exe) sample program that exhibits the problem.

--tml