about name resolving under proxy
- From: 璐王 <coolwanglu gmail com>
- To: libsoup-list gnome org
- Subject: about name resolving under proxy
- Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 17:37:30 +0800
I've been working on webkit, the latest version of which has chosen libsoup as its backend, and I found an issue when testing libsoup just after compilation.
First, my network environment is somewhat interesting, the DNS server isn't working actually, but fortunately there's a HTTP proxy.
The problem is, when I tried to access http://www.google.com
, libsoup (or at least tests/get) tried to resolve the address of www.google.com
at first, instead of connecting the proxy directly. So in this way, I can connect nowhere.
Another thing is after adding a fake entry of www.google.com
in /etc/hosts, libsoup (again, or at least tests/get) works, but what it asked the proxy for was 'www.google.com
' instead of the fake address.
In theory, we don't need to resolve the address if we're using a proxy, right, so I wonder if it's a bug or as designed.
] [Thread Prev