SOUP_SESSION_TIMEOUT and https

Hi

In my http client application I use the SOUP_SESSION_TIMEOUT property with my synchronous session to avoid hanging forever if something goes wrong..  When using ordinary http this works perfect, if the server stops sending data the connection times out after the number of seconds I have specified.  But when using https it doesn’t work, the connection does not timeout.  My application is identical in both cases, only the url is changed.

I have used Wireshark to make sure that there really is no data arriving, I have even added some debug in glib to verify that the read() function does not return.

I’m using Linux and libsoup 2.4

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks

/Patrick