Re: Selection of authentiation method..

Pontus Oldberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using libsoup in one of our applications where the client connects to
> a server that support both Basic and Digest authentication. For some
> reason libsoup always chooses Basic authentication unless forced to choose
> Digest by removing Basic as an option in the server.
>
> From what i understand from the RFC a client (libsoup) should always use
> the highest supported authentication method

Yes... unfortunately, it looks like we're not actually testing this case
in the regression tests, so it may be that it's broken. (IIRC, Apache
doesn't let you configure a single directory to allow either type of
auth, so we can't test against that. But we could test against a
SoupServer offering both kinds of auth.)

Can you file a bug about this at http://bugzilla.gnome.org/? Even if it
turns out to not be a libsoup bug, we still ought to have a test for it
to make sure it doesn't break in the future.

-- Dan