Re: make check test failures with 2.4.1

Steve Trotman wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to build libsoup on OS X Tiger.  I have glib 2.16.2
> installed.  Libsoup compiles cleanly but its tests fail with the
> following information:

Does it reliably fail in the same way every time?

My first thought was that all of the tests involving SoupServer were
failing, but that's not true, because redirect-test, query-test, and
server-auth-test all pass... and it's not split between "tests that run
SoupServer in the main thread" vs "tests that run SoupServer in a
separate thread" either (because it passes some and fails some of each
of those).

Definitely seems SoupServer-related though...

Running strace might turn up some error in one of the socket-related
calls that we're not properly checking the return value of?

> Not sure where to begin to troubleshoot these.  I poked around in
> chunk-test.c and all I could see it using was glib... Let me know if you
> have any pointers.

You'll want to make sure you build libsoup with debugging. (Eg,
"CFLAGS=-g ./autogen.sh")

Of the failing tests, chunk-test is the simplest, but continue-test may
be easier to debug, because it only uses a single thread.

-- Dan