Re: [sigc] Move to GitHub?

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 2:07 PM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
On Wed, 2018-02-21 at 21:11 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> Projects are now gradually moving from git.gnome.org to
> gitlab.gnome.org, which certainly looks like an improvement. However,
> rather than use GNOME's git, maybe we should just move libsigc++ to
> github. GNOME has been a reliable host for libsigc++ since before
> anything like GitHub existed, but it's not a particularly GNOME
> project.
>
> Any major objections?

One downside is that it would then appear at
github.com/murraycu/libsigcplusplus
which doesn't seem quite fair.

​why would that be necessary? We have a git mirror on github, organized/owned as github.com/Ardour/... with certain github users authorized to have higher level access to it.

is there some reason you can't do that in this case?​
​
​