Re: [sigc] Fwd: When will libsigcplusplus release a new stable one?

Den 2017-01-23 kl. 11:06, skrev yeahdongcn:
Hi there,

I'm wondering whether there will be a new release recently? Currently, we take 2.4.0 in our code base.
Looking forward to your reply and thank you very much!

Best Regards,
Ye Xiaodong

http://R0CKSTAR.zai360.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: yeahdongcn <yeahdongcn gmail com>
Date: Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 2:20 PM
Subject: When will libsigcplusplus release a new stable one?
To: murrayc murrayc com

Hi there,

We meet a memory leak at

We tried the latest stable release 2.6.2, this memory leak still there, so I'm wondering whether there will be a new release recently?

Thank you very much!

Best wishes,

Xiaodong Ye

This email is confusing for two reasons.

I got it today, April 12, although it seems to have been sent January 23.

You say that the latest stable release on January 23 was 2.6.2. But 2.10.0 was released on 2016-09-20. Have you noticed that libsigc++'s directory name in the git repository was changed from libsigc++2 to libsigcplusplus in March 2016?

When I tested your sample code, I got memory leaks with libsigc++ 2.8.0, but not with 2.10.0. From what I can see in the source code, it's mostly luck that there is no memory leak in 2.10.0. There is a memory leak problem, but as far as I can see only if you connect empty slots to a signal. When I replaced
    c->destroyed.connect(sigc::slot<void>());
by
    c->destroyed.connect(sigc::ptr_fun(f));
I got no leaks in 2.8.0 either.

Kjell