[sigc] libsigc++-3.0 ?

I have managed to almost completely remove the generated code from
libsigc++, using variadic templates. It installs in parallel with
libsigc++-2.0. For instance, you'd ask pkg-config for sigc++-3.0
instead of sigc++-2.0.

It requires C++14, which will be the default for g++ (and clang, I
guess) very soon. It looks like even MSVC++ might have good enough
C++11 and C++14 support soon. It could be made to work with C++11, I
think, but I don't think that's worthwhile, given that people can keep
on using libsigc++-2.0.

It's currently in the variadic_bind4 branch:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/libsigc++2/log/?h=variadic_bind4
but I'd like to move it to git master soon, keeping libsigc++-2.0 in a
branch.

However, not many people will be able to actually use libsigc++-3.0
because we cannot use it in glibmm and gtkmm until those can have their
own parallel-installable versions. For instance, in a future gtkmm-4.0.
That's because, even though libsigc++ is mostly template code in header
files, its symbols appear in glibmm and gtkmm symbols names, for
instance for method parameters.

Objections? Thoughts?

--
Murray Cumming