Re: [sigc] Functor not resolving between overloaded methods with different slot types

My approach in similar situations is to use a clear intermediate ptr-to-member-function, like this:

   void (Activity::*the_correct_method)(Glib::ustring*) = &Activity::callback;
   some_sigc_signal.connect (... sigc::mem_fun (the_correct_method, anActivity) ...)

otoh, I don't use sigc++ that much any more, having veered toward boost::bind and our own thread+realtime version of slots+signals. so, this trick may not work anymore, or may never have been relevant to your precise situation.