Re: [sigc] Deprecated libsigc++ lambda expressions, sigc::group() and sigc::var()

This was that deprecation commit:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/libsigc
++2/commit/?id=ec27025f0ec5718c94427ea1fb51e968fba15d9e

Most of this is really API, as templates in headers, rather than ABI.
Changing API is not generally as bad as changing ABI, as long as the API
change isn't too difficult to adapt to. Changing ABI means that
already-built apps stop working.

I'm quite tempted to remove this API in libsigc++ 2.6 to simplify the
library, particularly as we start to require C++11 in libsigc++ and the
*mm projects. I'd rather that any mentions of lambda with libsigc++ were
clearly about C++11 lambdas with libsigc++.

We'd have to keep the little bit of ABI that's in the .cc files, of
course, just for ABI compatibility.

Does anybody object strongly?

Murray