[sigc] missing file for msvs builds

I recently downloaded the latest version of libsigc++ and attempted to build it to fill a dependency requirement in another software package I'm trying to get built. Every time I attempt to build the latest version (2.0.18) it fails looking for the file resource.h, I have checked previous versions and seem to be unable to locate the file in those versions as well. The older versions seem to fail compilation as well for a variety of different files missing from where it's looking for them (and from the distribution entirely). any help would be wonderful.
-Garrett