Re: [sigc] signals

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 15:52 +0530, sundaresh wrote:
> Does a signal connection with a handler exist after the signal is
> caught once, or do we have to connect again in the signal handler like
> in conventional C programming ? It would be nice if the connection were
> required only once for the lifetime of the program.

sigc++ "signals" have nothing, absolutely *nothing* to do with POSIX
signals. sigc++ "signals" are just a list of callback functions, wrapped
up in all the typesafe goodness that C++ can provide.

the connection remains in place until either one of the two objects (the
signal owner and the "connected object") is destroyed, or the code
explicitly disconnects it.