Re: [sigc] Linking dynamically with SigC++ (now rather: License)

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 00:20 +0100, Chris Vine wrote:
> On Thursday 06 July 2006 06:58, Murray Cumming wrote:
> >
> > As stated in that previous email, at some point we should explicit state
> > this in an exception in the headers, but I haven't got around to it, and
> > nobody has cared enough to write the exception text for us:
>
> See the last two paragraphs of the text at
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtkmm-list/2005-December/msg00231.html
>
> You are welcome to use it if you wish.

Once again, sorry for the delay in making the LGPL exception text
official.

However, I'm now wondering if maybe a change from LGPLv2 to LGPLv3 would
be simpler. libsigc++ is licensed under "either version 2 of the
License, or (at your option) any later version" so changing it to
"version 3 or later" would be a lot less work.

I think LGPL3 seems to allow more than 10 lines of template code in
headers, as long as you say that you are using the library, but I'm not
completely sure:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-3.0.html

--
Murray Cumming