Re: [sigc] Renaming nil

Folks,

Murray Cumming wrote:
On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 12:16 +0200, martin-ml hippogriff de wrote:

Probably it would make things easier to rename it to 'none'
unconditionally but add a typedef for 'nil' for any but the Objective-C
compiler. This way should also garuantee that code and binaries stay 100%
compatible so I would be absolutely fine with this solution. Since you are
doing the actual work I leave the choice with you ...

Yes, this seems best to me too.

I like that too. It nicely solves solves the doc problem: we just replace 'nil' with 'none' everywhere, and really 'nil' will be only used for legacy code, to guarantee 100% source and binary compatibility.

I'll submit for review a patch that implements that soon.

Thanks,
--
hpreg