Re: [sigc] Renaming nil

Murray,

Note that we have not released a new version of this as a tarball yet.

I am worried that it might be causing this problem, when I run a
Ubuntu-packaged version of glom in an environment that has a cvs-built
gtkmm:

murrayc ubuntumurrayc:~/cvs/gnome216/gtkmm$ glom
glom: symbol lookup error: glom: undefined symbol:
_ZN3Gtk11ActionGroup3addERKN4Glib6RefPtrINS_6ActionEEERKN4sigc4slotIvNS7_3nilES9_S9_S9_S9_S9_S9_EE
murrayc ubuntumurrayc:~/cvs/gnome216/gtkmm$

I guess I need to do some more investigation.

nm shows that this symbol is exported:
_ZN3Gtk11ActionGroup3addERKN4Glib6RefPtrINS_6ActionEEERKN4sigc4slotIvNS7_4noneES9_S9_S9_S9_S9_S9_EE

My build of sigc++ does not seem to export export any 'nil' or 'none' symbols. This seems to imply that 'nil' is not part of the sigc++ ABI.

But what you are seeing seems to imply that 'nil' is part of gtkmm's ABI. How annoying.

I don't have a solution to that problem so far, I'll try to think some more about this. Thanks,
--
hpreg