Re: [sigc] conditions in libsigc

On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 17:40 +0300, Paul Pogonyshev wrote:
> I posted an implementation here and repost it.  Note that conditions and
> sensivity statement in the example is not so nice, because there is no
> (yet) support on the part of Gtkmm.  It looks like this:
>
>     controller = new SensivityController (button,
> 					  (condition (new EntryNotEmptyCondition (entry))
> 					   & condition (new ToggleButtonActiveCondition (check_button))));
>
> Otherwise, the example is fully working, though not optimized etc.  In
> particular, all three steps are encapsulated with creating conditions
> and nothing else.
>
> I want to note that it doesn't require much from sigc++.  It is a small
> new module, probably some 1000 lines in one file.  And it doesn't
> influence the existing functionality in any way.

So, the controllers must be specialized for what they control.

I suggest that you try to distribute this in a separate library for now.
I'm not sure that people will consider it worthwhile to introduce the
extra concept into their code, but let's see if they like it.

Maybe someone can even make it more generic.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com