Re: [sigc] conditions in libsigc

On Monday 03 July 2006 23:17, Paul Pogonyshev wrote:
> Chris Vine wrote:
> > I do not think I really understand your proposal for a "basement" to
> > provide "custom aggregation of signals" anyway (this may well be my
> > problem not yours) - you offered to have a first cut at providing some
> > code, so why not have a go at it?
>
> There should be a class with a boolean variable and a signal, which is
> emitted when the state of this variable changes.  Objects of this class
> should be combinable with standard logical operations.  They should
> probably be refcounted, like std::string, to simplify handling.  All the
> rest belongs to Gtkmm.

I understood that bit, but it doesn't do what you want (for gtk+/gtkmm
anyway).  It might possibly help if you are writing your own GUI, although I
doubt it as the correct handling of these kind of events is via the program
event loop and not by invoking the callback directly every time the value of
a state variable relevant to the implementation of a particular widget
provided by the GUI is changed.

This is getting pretty pointless.  Lets end it here, as an ounce of code is
worth a pound of words.

Chris