Re: [sigc] conditions in libsigc

On Monday 03 July 2006 22:42, Paul Pogonyshev wrote:
[snip]
> Yes, but I'm not expecting sigc++ to handle all the GUI aspects.  I expect
> it only to provide a basement for this, like it provides signals.
[snip]
> Did you look at my code examples?  Conditions vs. custom aggregation of
> signals have two advantages: 1) less coding, and 2) less error probability,
> since condition is specified only once and you don't have to synchronize
> condition and state tracking manually (plus maybe setting of initial
> state.)

I did, but since you give examples based on gtk+ (and I know how gtk+ does it)
I couldn't see how anything could be implemented for gtk+/gtkmm, via changes
to libsigc++, which would do anything close to what you propose.

I do not think I really understand your proposal for a "basement" to provide
"custom aggregation of signals" anyway (this may well be my problem not
yours) - you offered to have a first cut at providing some code, so why not
have a go at it?

Chris