RE: [sigc] How to include libsigc

> for the love of all that is holy, don't do it. auto* were a
> step up once
> but no more. project after project is dropping them because of the
> extreme kludge level these tools represent. not to mention an
> almost MS-
> like attitude that enables dropping forward *and* back compatibility
> every other major release. there are lots of ways of doing exactly the
> same things with regular make or with my now-preferred build tool,
> scons.

Trouble is, I don't think they will go away until Gnome/KDE drop them. Does
you project have to be Autotooled to get into Gnome I wonder? I also wonder
if there have been any discussions about moving Gnome to Scons?

Autotools are horrible to use in my experience, that said, if you find some
decent quick tutorials and some sample projects (see Murray's page on it,
and some respectable project source like Sound Juicer or something) then you
can get into the swing of it after a few goes. That said, I should also
point out that I've never used any other hand edited project framework, I'd
only used Delphi and VC++ before I moved to Linux.

Gaz