Re: [sigc] Proposal for standardization in C++ Library TR2

[Sorry I missed this message before]

On Jul 27, 2005, at 5:58 PM, Carl Nygard wrote:
I took a look at the doc.  The "Existing Practice" section seems like
the doc I generated. Did you want it split up for each library section,
or should I prepare to add C# delegates and tr1::function to the
existing comparison?

We should summarize the doc you generated for the "Existing Practice" section, then include a link to your comparison for readers interested in a more detailed comparison. "Existing Practice" mainly needs to show that what we're proposing has been done before and is interesting to people.

Also, do you have any links to other proposal docs of this type, so I
can get a feel for the writing style and information content?  I'm
assuming this will be plain html, without fancy css formatting?

Simpler is better. Most committee members print a stack of interesting-looking proposals before they board the plane, so our medium really isn't the Web.

Here's one successful, well-written example of a proposal (that was for TR1):

	http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2003/n1443.html

	Doug