RE: [sigc] ANNOUNCE: libsigc++ 2.0.4

Roel Vanhout wrote:

> there is a problem with the creation of the exports file
> (the .lib) that goes with the dll.
>
> The dll way is the way to go though; James, can you comment on
> how you created the exports file? Maybe we can add that in a
> custom build step. If I had time I'd go looking for it myself
> but I don't, unfortunately.

The only thing I did for the exports was to add __declspec(dllexport) (via
the SIGC_API macro) to a number of class declarations.

I believe all of this should be fixed when the correct sigc++config.h file is
added.  I downloaded 2.0.4, added the correct sigc++config.h, and I could
build the DLL fine without any additional changes.

In the meantime, you can try creating your own MSVC_Net2003/sigc++config.h
file.  It needs the following lines:

#pragma warning(disable:4251)

#if defined(_WINDLL)
 #define SIGC_API __declspec(dllexport)
#else
 #define SIGC_API __declspec(dllimport)
#endif
#define SIGC_MSVC_TEMPLATE_SPECIALIZATION_OPERATOR_OVERLOAD 1

Let me know if it still doesn't work.

- James