Re: [sigc] Re: [Boost-users] Signals & Slots

On Sun, 2004-11-21 at 14:26, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 15:58 -0500, Carl Nygard wrote:
> > > 2. libsigc++2 uses sigc::signal<>, not sigc::signal[1/2/3/4/5]<>.
> >
> > Yup, and Boost.Signal has signal<void (float, string)> notation as
> > well.  I was trying to keep the examples as identical as possible to
> > show commonalities, but I'll make a note.
>
> The API here seems to be different, so it would be useful to show that.
>
> I don't think anybody is interested in using some secondary API
> (probably semi-internal API) just because that API is similar in both
> libsigc++ and Boost.Signal.

Sorry, I thought the reason for the comparisons was as a first step for
C++ standard library, so I figured the analysis should concentrate on
underlying implementation instead of syntactic conveniences... although
those conveniences go a long way toward making the library usable.  I'll
update the docs...

Regards,
Carl