Re: [sigc] Re: [gtkmm] libsigcx and gtkmm 2.4

Timothy M. Shead wrote:

Can't comment on the threading-specific issues raised in this argument, but I do have to correct this common misperception that C++ doesn't have serialization - it most certainly does, using the OO, type-safe iostreams interface. See boost::lexical_cast for a trivial-but-effective tool for putting those serialization capabilities to work.

Sorry, but I meant a useful form of serialization... Something that can serialize pretty much any object or at least works with the classes provided by the standard library. Beeing able to deserialize the result would also be nice.

--
Christer Palm