Re: [sigc] Re: [gtkmm] libsigcx and gtkmm 2.4

Am So, den 13.06.2004 um 12:47 Uhr -0700 schrieb Timothy M. Shead:

> Can't comment on the threading-specific issues raised in this argument,
> but I do have to correct this common misperception that C++ doesn't have
> serialization - it most certainly does, using the OO, type-safe
> iostreams interface.  See boost::lexical_cast for a
> trivial-but-effective tool for putting those serialization capabilities
> to work.

Cool, didn't think about that.  Although this would still require
operator<< and operator>> to be implemented, it's a much nicer
interface.

The only problem would be that it's unnecessarily inefficient for data
types that can simply be copied "as is" without converting to a text
representation and back again.  But perhaps that's acceptable.

--Daniel