Re: [gtkmm] Re: [sigc] ANNOUNCE: libsigc++ 1.9.11

Am 29.10.2003 um 12:48 Uhr haben Sie geschrieben:
> Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Generally, people are wanted to test libsigc++-1.9.11 and
> > report their experiences on the list, especially those
> > working with compilers other than gcc-3.2.
>
> I cannot help you with the Forte compiler, but I have made project
files
> for Visual Studio .Net 2003 for libsigc+++-1.9.11 and the test files.
> have made it so that a .lib file is generated and there is a project

> file for every test. The directory structure is as follows:
>
> libsigc++ root
>      |- docs
>      |- examples
>      |- etc...
>      |- visualstudio
>          |- sigc
>          |    |- sigc.vcproj
>          |- tests
>          |    |- test_accumulated
>          |    |    |- test_accumulated.vcproj
>          |    |- etc...
>          |- libsigc.sln
>
> This is how I would do it; if someone wants it in a different way, I
can
> change it.

This is great! We can ship the project files with libsigc++2, then.

> Furthermore, I've tried to build it ofcourse. Most of the tests
failed.
> You can find a buildlog on
> http://www.stack.be/~roel/sigc2-vs2003-buildlog.txt. Basically, the
> library went ok, and 5 of the tests (test_accumulated,
> test_deduce_result_type, test_disconnect, test_mem_fun and
> test_ptr_fun) were ok too.

Not all good news, but the core parts of the library seem to work in
principle. The error messages about function template instatiation in
the adaptor tests will be the biggest problem, I suppose ... There is a
hint about some compiler documentation, though. Could you check what
they have to say about that topic, please?

> You can have a look at the buildlog and maybe someone can deduce
what
> the problem is with the rest; I have not enough knowledge of libsigc
> do myself, unfortunately.
> For the brave soul who wants to try it, I've put a zip file with the
> project files on http://www.stack.be/~roel/visualstudio.zip. Copy it
> your libsigc++ root dir, and unzip there - that will create the
> directory structure as described above.
> Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for your effort! I will see what I can do about the
errors and notify you when I think I've made some progress. Would it be
okay for you to check out the latest from cvs and try to compile again,
then?

Regards,

  Martin