libseed-list gobject-introspection-1.30.0

Hi,

After doing some upgrades for gnome-3.2 I have noticed that
gobject-introspection-1.30.0 has broken some of my seed scripts.  In
particular, some of its introspection wrappings that previously
delivered strings now seem to deliver utf8 byte arrays.

In particular, Gio.DataInputStream.read_line() now returns a null
object instead of a string object when reading a file (the out
parameters still do as normal, but I can't get at the text itself). This
means that reading text files in my seed scripts now fail.

Is there any fix or work-around for this?

Chris