Re: libseed-list Seed License modification request

Hi Alexandre,

Sure, this is fine with me.

/Jonatan

On 03/04/2011 07:40 PM, Alexandre Mazari wrote:
Hi !

You received this mail because you contributed code to the Seed project.

As part of the Webkit Gtk port, we are currently investigating adding an
API to expose a GObject within a Webframe js context.

Seed already has most of the plumbing required to expose GIR types and
instances in a JSCore engine so there might be a good opportunity to
share this code with your agreement.

Though, this would expose a licensing issue. Indeed, Seed sources can
only be redistributed in a codebase licensed under the LGPL3+ where
webkit-gtk is licensed under LGPL2+. FSF advisors confirmed that
redistributing some Seed-derived code within webkit-gtk would be a
breach of Seed licensing terms.

The obvious solution would be to switch Seed to a LGPL 2+ licence
model. Of course, this would requires an agreement from you, as a
contributor.

Does such a request seem reasonable to you ?

Please make your answer public on the Seed mailing lst so we can be sure
everybody is agreeing, and if not, for what reason.

Thanks for considering this and all your great work.

Happy Coding,