libseed-list GooCanvas bindings

Hi there,

I just found seed and am looking forward to experiment with it.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to use the GooCanvas bindings in seed, but I can't get it to work:

  var goo = imports.gi.GooCanvas;
  var gtk = imports.gi.Gtk;
  gtk.init(0,0);

  var w = new gtk.Window();
  var canvas = new goo.Canvas();
  w.add(canvas);
  canvas.set_bounds(0,0,1000,1000);
  canvas.set_size_request(500,500);
  var root = canvas.get_root_item();

  var rect = new goo.CanvasRect({
    parent:root,
    x:10,y:10,
    width:100,height:100,
    line_width:5,
    stroke_color:"blue"
  });

  //rect.set_parent(root);
  //rect.parent = root;
  print(rect.parent);

  w.show_all();
  gtk.main();

This just gives me a blank window, and it prints [null].
If I uncomment rect.set_parent(root) it prints [object GooCanvasGroup], but still just a blank window. If I uncomment rect.parent=root I get:

** (seed:2615): CRITICAL **: PropertyError. unable to set property `parent' of type `GooCanvasItem' from value of type `GObject' in goocanvas.js at line 21

Any ideas? I'm on ubuntu 9.10 with recent packages.

BTW, perhaps Seed.printf() shouldn't add a newline like print() does?

/Jonatan