How to compile libgee on centos 6?

Hello,

I'm trying to compile libgee on centos 6,

But glib on centos 6 is 2.26, lower than libgee require version.

I think there has many solution:

1. Upgrade glib on my system.
It's not realistic, many exist program will break.
And all other environment run the program has to upgrade glib because static linking will cause license problem.

2. Build glib on /usr/local and let libgee and the program link to it.
Maybe it can done but I didn't see other one do it before.
I still need distribute libglib to make the program runable on other environment.

3. Make a backport for old glib.
It may be the best solution if it can be done.
How hard to make libgee compatible with old glib, how many function need to modify?

If somebody can answer this I will be glad.

--
nepneps