Re: installing to custom prefix

This is a Bug in introspection.m4, you can't install gir files other than the ones specified in gobject-introspection-1.0.pc file.

Is secure to use --disable-introspection and get install in custom location as you want, just if you don't need introspection at your local installation.

I've filed Bug 728146 to fix in GObject Introspection it self.

Hello,

I'm trying to install libgee as a regular user in a custom directory
inside my home. However, no matter what --prefix I specify, `make
install` will always try to install gir files
in /usr/share/gir-1.0/Gee-0.8.gir.

Is there a special option to install gir files somewhere else? Or, can I
disable installing gir files altogether? I couldn't find a way to do
either.

thanks
alberto