Re: Gee Class which allows concurrent writing & reading

On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 11:57 +0100, Daniel Fermín Piñeiro Santos wrote:
> Hello,
> I have several threads working on the same TreeMap, one writing (adding
> new items) and the others searching for items. I am facing problems of
> this type:
>
> ERROR:treemap.c:2374:gee_tree_map_node_iterator_next: assertion failed: (self->stamp == self->_map->priv->stamp)
> Aborted
>
> ERROR:treemap.c:2795:gee_tree_map_value_iterator_real_get: assertion failed: (((GeeTreeMapNodeIterator*) self)->stamp == ((GeeTreeMapNodeIterator*) self)->_map->priv->stamp)
> Abortado
>

> Is there any structure in libgee who allows concurrent reading and
> writing? Or should I implement some kind of sincronization control?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Daniel

Currently there is no such structure and iterators cannot be used
concurrently (even within the same thread).

Such structures are planned (and I think I found workaround of vala lack
of feature regarding volatile and atomic data so I hope it will land on
master soon).

Regards