Re: Gee [Vala] [Lib] LinkedList does not increase stamp

Hi,

Uh, this is a quite old mail you dig up. :)

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 03:32, Maciej Marcin Piechotka
<uzytkownik2 gmail com> wrote:
> There was well-motivated bug report that asked about signals being added
> (to allow use GObject goodies IIRC). That would cover also this case at
> least to some extend.
>
> I cannot find it right now - I think it might be deleted during last
> bugzilla crash.
>
> I haven't implemented it yet which seems ironic as it is one of few
> features not blocked by lack of vala features (currently - mostly
> unreviewed/unapplied patches - I'm trying to regularly nag to get the
> reviewed)

The problem with signals is that you need GLib mainloop for them to
work IMHO you don't always have so an alternative way that allows you
to do something in a certain event should also be provided (for
example implemented via callbacks).
Another problem I guess is also that in a lot of cases you do a lot of
additions or changes in a short period of time. I guess in this case I
just don't want any signals to be triggered as it might severely slow
down the sistem (signal handling is not cheap).

I don't know what you had in mind but an implementation using "views"
or wrapper classes (like ReadOnly*) is what I think is the best in
this case. If you agree I might experiment with this a little as it
sounds interesting. :)

> Hmm. It seems that libgee-list <AT> gnome <DOT> org I'm currently
> subscribed is non-existent ;)
>
> I'm reading this ML regularly but I nearly missed this thread.

I have only send this to the libgee mailing list so that it will feel
"alive" for a moment :)

Regards,