Re: [libcroco-list] A roadmap for libcroco

* Benjamin Dauvergne wrote:
>Here is a little text i just made to expose some ideas I got by
>reading past mails of the list (mainly by Björn Höhrmann).
>
>It's there http://benjamin.dauvergne.free.fr/wikini/wakka.php?wiki=LibcrocoTokenizerSimplificationEn

Thanks Benjamin, its most encouraging to see the renewed interest in
developing libcroco further and I will post some comments on this
shortly. However, as you cite my earlier work on a CSS Schema language
there, you should know that I've recently re-started my work in this
area and have now pretty much settled on a format for this, see

  http://www.bjoernsworld.de/temp/css21.csss

for an example schema for CSS 2.1. The syntax is XML-based, RELAX NG
specifically, and is currently limited to property value syntax. I
made a simple proof of concept implementation of this where the schema
is simply transformed into a regular expression, which is then matched
against a somewhat simplified property value string as reported by
libcroco (e.g., characters transformed to lower-case, some spaced
added, ...) I will write a bit more about this soon.
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern hoehrmann de · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de