Re: [libcroco-list] libcroco as a CSS validator

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 13:30 +0200, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Emmanuel Saracco wrote:
> >I am using libcroco to validate CSS stylesheets. Is there a way to tell
> >it to be more verbose and retrieve warnings and errors in a buffer
> >instead of standard output?
>
> This is not currently possible, the routines and data structures for
> this are private to the parser and the code that dumps the errors to
> stderr is called unconditionally.

To achieve this I had sightly modified libcroco - 0.6.0 - to be used in
CSSED as CSS validator, just making the error structure public and
modifying the SAC error handler so it's called with a line number.

The error stack is available at the end of parsing - throught an added
function  cr_parser_get_error_stack() - so you can get it to show those
errors to the user if something goes wrong.

The error stack is cleaned on parser's destroy.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/cssed/cssed/libcroco/parser/

Modified files:
cr_parser.c
cr-tknzr.h
cr-tknzr.c
cr-doc-handler.c
cr-doc-handler.h

Implementation:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/cssed/cssed/src/cssparser.c?
rev=1.14&view=markup

Unfortunately as it's modified it's no libcroco anymore ...
--
Iago Rubio