Re: Question about map sources.

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Jiří Techet <techet gmail com> wrote:
> glad you are back!

Thanks! It's good to be back. Have you tried a recent version of my
app? I have lots of new features including support for KML and also
drag&drop! It's been so fun to develop.

https://github.com/robru/gottengeography/wiki/Installation-Instructions

> You're right - libchamplain's URLs for map sources are outdated - I
> haven't checked them for a while and it seems OpenCycleMap has changed
> its URL while Osmarender appears to be dead (please let me know if you
> find it somewhere).

Funny, did a cursory google for osmarender and found the wiki and got
all excited, then all the links were dead. Oops.

> I'll update the URLs for libchamplain factory.

I'm excited to see the next release include the corrected
OpenCycleMap, I played with your demo and it looks really cool!

> You can always create your own map sources manually and not to rely on
> the predefined sources in libchamplain. Try the example from the
> attachment for the OpenCycleMap - similarly you could create all the
> remaining map sources (see champlain-map-source-factory.c for their
> definitions).

Are there any other map sources out there not included in the factory?
Is there any value in me adding opencyclemap manually, since it's just
a stopgap until you release the fix anyway?

--
http://exolucere.ca