Re: libchamplain on ubuntu natty with python bindings

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 12:48, Gerard Toonstra <gtoonstra gmail com> wrote:
> I've already discovered how to do this.
>
> I built libchamplain with:
>
> make clean
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-introspection
> make
> sudo make install
>
> Now the bindings and libraries are installed in the official ubuntu
> locations, as otherwise the GIR bindings aren't found easily.
> There's probably a way to instruct python to look into /usr/local/lib and
> where this custom build of champlain can be easier removed,
> but there you go.

Hi Gerard,

for completeness, the way to tell python where the introspection files
are located is using the environment variable GI_TYPELIB_PATH. Then
you can point it to /usr/local/lib/girepository-1.0 where the typelib
files are normally installed.

Good luck with your project.

Jiri