Re: ERROR:root:Requiring namespace 'Gtk' version '2.0', but '3.0' is already loaded
- From: Robert Park <rbpark exolucere ca>
- To: John Palmieri <johnp redhat com>
- Cc: libchamplain-list gnome org, python-hackers-list <python-hackers-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: ERROR:root:Requiring namespace 'Gtk' version '2.0', but '3.0' is already loaded
- Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:15:47 -0700
On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Robert Park <rbpark exolucere ca> wrote:
> Grepping through /usr/share/gir-1.0/Gtk-2.0.gir and Gtk-3.0.gir the
> closest I could find was check_version, but that doesn't seem to quite
> be the same thing.
Python 2.7 (r27:82500, Sep 16 2010, 18:02:00)
[GCC 4.5.1 20100907 (Red Hat 4.5.1-3)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> from gi.repository import Gtk
>>> Gtk.check_version(2, 0, 0)
>>> Gtk.check_version(3, 0, 0)
'Gtk+ version too old (major mismatch)'
There you have it, folks, gtk3 is too old, better pack it all in and
get started on gtk4 in order to satisfy the python gods ;-)
Still though, I'm not sure how to get my application running :-(
] [Thread Prev