Re: Free

Hey, Aaron-
Sorry this has been dead so long; Brian asked me to look again, and so
here I am.

Short answer: it is hard to find student volunteer opportunities, at
least through me, at the moment; as you probably have heard by now it
is really hard to appropriately mentor a young lawyer- it is either
time-consuming, or a disservice to the client, or both. :/ This
frankly kills me, because I was in the same situation you were not
very long ago and I think it damages the whole profession, but I'm
also more or less struggling to keep my own head above water right now
:(

Brian mentioned to me last week that you might be interested in some
related reading on the subject; I'd recommend generally
http://www.ifosslr.org/ifosslr but possibly
http://www.ifosslr.org/ifosslr/article/view/34 might be of particular
interest to you if you're trying to get involved in open source
lawyering.

Feel free to drop me a note off-list if you'd like to talk more; I'm
not usually this much of a bum about answering email, but I'm also not
usually this frustrated by answers I give :(

Luis