Better handling of insurance risk

After spending several months researching international general
liability and accident insurance, the board has discovered that the
costs for covering international events is quite high.  The board
does not think that getting such coverage makes a lot of sense.

However, to reduce our risk, the board was thinking that it would make
sense to make sure that people who receive travel subsidies are
aware that they are not covered by the Foundation in terms of
insurance, and that the Foundation does not accept any responsibility
for any insurance claims that might arise from receiving the subsidy.
Perhaps also a recommendation that people should ensure that they
get their own coverage if they are not covered already (e.g. by the
company they work for).

Here is the current Travel Subsidy form that people must fill out and
sign to receive a travel subsidy, so perhaps the wording should be added
to this document.

http://live.gnome.org/Travel?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=gnome_travel_subsidy.odt

I was wondering what the GNOME lawyers on legal-private think of
this, and if it might be possible to recommend some wording we could
add to the document for this purpose?

Is this an appropriate question for legal-private, or should I send
this request to the public legal list instead?

Thanks,

Brian