Re: las-gnome LAS in Montreal: let's talk!

Hey guys,

The global LAS team got together this weekend to do some more planning and I'd like to send you all an update. I'm including a PDF with the most updated info on what we propose for an event. We'll now open bids to see who might be able to post the whole event.

@Montreal team - we took a stab at fleshing out what the Montreal bid looks like so far. Green sections are ones we think you're particularly strong in, and then yellow and red are ones where we may need to think more about. Is there anyone else who could be part of the local team in Montreal? We put Hubert as a "?"

We should select a bid by November of this year in order to have enough time to plan, so that gives us about a month to evaluate all of the bids and even potentially gather some more.

I'm about to travel for about 2 months, but I'm trying to set some things in motion for the SF bid, and I know Sri is also following up on the Denver bid.

Ok, have to sleep now. Let me know if you have any questions, people!

Best,
Nuritzi

Montreal (11)

  • 3 - Identify venue - Red Hat space available

    • 1 speaker room (up to 75 people)

    • 3 breakout rooms

    • Equipment?? (audio and video recording, visual equipment for presentations, computer adapters)

    • Ensure WiFi/network at event

    • Accessible

    • Tourist information and food nearby

  • 2- Propose dates for a 4 day event -  they seem flexible

    • We’d like for them to propose a Thurs - Sun in April or May

  • 1 - Organize a local team - James is the main organizer, Jeff is super busy, Hubert is a ?

    • Global organization liaison

    • Venue liaison

    • Social events organizer

    • Budget

    • Marketing & social media

    • Network with local attendees

    • Network with local sponsors

    • Local volunteers for registration, running mics

    • Videographer (streaming & recording)

    • Visa and sponsorship writers

  • 3 - Travel Convenience - immigration friendly, is near downtown so transportation is good too

    • Ease of immigration

    • Transportation options

  • 2 - Local attendees - don’t know enough about this