Re: las-gnome bid deadlines

Jeff and Hubert, I will talk to you in regards to the expectations of the conference based on what happened last time from at least number of attendees etc or we can start a thread here so that we have some public record.

I'm really looking forward to reading through that report to have the needed insights as to what it'll take to make this work, the expected attendance, lessons learned, etc.

I think we need to start thinking about bid deadlines.
Can we put together bids in the next two weeks?

Depends on what "bid" entails and how much time Hub has on his hands to help with this. I'm afraid I'm completely swamped for the next three weeks at the very least (it's "annual reports + AGMs + conferences + press releases + taxes" season), so if it's something like the bids made for GUADEC I don't think I can produce a document of that complexity by myself in the near future. But I can at least informally say that I have the kind of leverage to get university venues for free, if booked sufficiently in advance and with good attendance numbers.