las-gnome Retrospective..

So I was talking to Jeff Fortin about a possible bid in Montreal.  But he wanted a retrospective on the conference so that he can approach the IT director of the venue in Montreal and make a good argument on why LAS GNOME would be a good fit there.

I don't remember if we did this or not.  Even if we did, we should revisit and be prepared.

I've started looking around for venues in PDX for a possible bid.  But again, Portland is pretty expensive when it comes to venue.  If I moved it to Eugene or Corvallis I will have much better luck.  But nobody wants to go there. ;)

Observations:

* consistent number of 50 attendees showed up for all three days
* single room with a single track for the first 2.5 days worked really well with a very engaged audience
* unconference portion went very well as well, with two rooms.  We had quite a bit of content out there.
* While quite a bit of effort had gone into getting exposure locally, it was still difficult for people to get people to go, but the people who did, had a stellar time.  We will need to build on our old audience to do word of mouth.

What else have people observed?

sri