Re: las-gnome CfP meet up - 06/22/2016 - 17:00 UTC?

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 4:00 PM Nuritzi Sanchez <nuritzis stanfordalumni org> wrote:
I won't be able to make it at that time, sorry! Could you please provide a quick written update?

Also, I'd love to help with sponsorship and reaching out to companies to attend but would like to know what's already been done. Can we create a spreadsheet with the companies we'd like to target and who has already been contacted? We might want one tab in the spreadsheet for sponsorship requests and another tab for general attendance.

Sure, I can do that.. my current effort is here:
https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/lasgnome_sponsors

I will try to write up some messaging for the various sectors to convince people.  I have found that talking to people in person or on the phone is the most convincing since it's hard to imagine why something like app distribution is important.

You have an advantage being in SFO..  how about we setup a quick call and we an talk about the messaging?  In brief:

* Linux app companies - we talk about distribution and the advantages of it, and why they need to sponsor the conference.
* enterprise, osv, people who use linux - the attendees of the conference would be great hiring targets, come and talk about your company to the attendees.  Rosanna talked about a vendor fair or something, we should look at that.
* Hardware companies - help build support for apps, make great applications for various IoT type machines

There are some others..

sri