las-gnome LAS GNOME budget and news update

Hello Board,

Attached is the budget for LAS GNOME.  Sorry, its taken longer than expected, there are a lot of moving parts in the past couple of weeks as well as some personal issues that has delayed things.

Short summary:

We need 10k of sponsorship money to be fully funded with a minimum set of criteria for a conference (lanyards, speakers, and venues, volunteer team, speaker gifts)  As we get more sponsorship money then we will add more.

We have list of companies that we have asked, have pending, and are on the waiting list to reach out to, that I can make available on request.

The next couple of weeks will be critical on getting sponsors as well as drive registrations.  On that note, we are happy to announce that Codethink is a sponsor of LAS GNOME at the 2k level!

Important dates:
First week of July - Go/No Go date for the conference.  We will get 100% of our money back, and we will work on this next year.  By no means, are we giving up, instead we will spend a longer time getting on conference budgets earlier in the year as some sponsors require for the following year just like I did for Intel and GUADEC.

June 13th - Announcement for Call for Papers that is scheduled to go.

Some observations:
Flatpak has started making the rounds in the press and in the community and so we have a perfect opportunity to talk about LAS GNOME and GUADEC of which I personally have been doing for both.

Very positive feedback from the local open source community.