Re: las-gnome IMPORTANT | Update on LAS GNOME Status

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 7:11 AM, Nuritzi Sanchez
<nuritzis stanfordalumni org> wrote:
Hi All,

Hi,

I'll also stress that this will be GNOME's US-based conference.

The way the conference was presented to the board, GNOME would be
there to support its launch (as a major actor of the Linux desktop,
which the conference is about) and help bootstrap it, but the
conference would take on a life on its own in the long term.

The audience we're trying to attract is not GNOME specific. The topic
of the conference is not GNOME specific. The technology will hopefully
not be GNOME specific. I wouldn't call it a GNOME conference.

I am not saying it is not super important for GNOME to strongly back
the conference. I wouldn't be involved with it if it wasn't.

Tuesday, August 2nd: @Nuritzi, Meg or Alexndre will update the Board
verbally on the conference status and will ask them to take a vote to
approve the conference with the new information on hand.

To be honest I'm a little fuzzy on the details of the new direction,
so I'd rather not be the one updating the board.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director